1. Copperplate oblique pen holder – Speedball (left handers may want a plain round ferrule holder).
2. Set of pointed nibs.
3. Black Ink – Higgins Eternal
4. Gum Arabic – You may want to share this with someone in the class. They come in a large bottle and you need only about half that much.
5. 2 Eye dropper bottles – I put my ink in one and the gum arabic in the other. The droppers are much ore convenient than the bottle.
6. Cotton Comp layout paper 9 x 12 inches.
7. Ink well or Small sponge to put ink well into
8. Rag to wipe your nib.
9. Ruler C – Thru 18 inch ruler.
10. Masking tape.
11. 2 H pencil and sharpener (pointer) and white plastic eraser (Staedtler Mars).
For Intermediate Students:
12. Sakura Micro pigma pen .005
13. Non-repro blue ball point pen or felt tip fine tip market.
14. Non-repro blue grid paper. There is also copperplate pads with the slant lines already printed.
15. Adhesive wax stick for paste up.
16. Pro-White or bleed proof white and a small paint brush like #00 pointed watercolor brush.
17. X-acto knife with #11 blade and #16 or #10 blade.